Friday, April 15, 2011

you can sleep in canada

This has become the motto, or better yet, the excuse for me lately, considering I have been getting a good five hours of sleep a night on average lately. There is just not enough time in a day, and I dont have enough time in exchange, to waste my time sleeping. However, when I sleep in Physics class, thats another theory altogether. ;)
I have been up and down and all around since the last blog post, over a month ago. I have been working on the latest blog post for a few weeks now. (In other words, I started a few weeks ago, and got busy and lazy and put it aside.) However, here I am, caught at another turning point, and there is still so much I havent told you! But, as the mexicans say..there is always maƱana. So, I suppose I will jump to the newest news, and fill you in on the rest another time. Tomorrow, or today I suppose, considering that it is now 1:30 in the morning, I am going to Nayarit, another state in Mexico. I am going on a ten day missions trip with my school ICO to spend the Holy Week. I have NO idea what to expect..but it should be interesting. We are going to see the indigenous people of this area, which should be quite an adventure. The people there speak another dialect as their native tongue, and speak spanish on top of that. This should be interesting considering there will already be enough of a language barrier on my part! The girl who cleaned for us in my second host family is also from a place where they speak another dialect. She always talked with her mom on the phone, and I am serious when I say I did not understand a thing! But its really interesting to listen to. Another thing about the indigenous people is that they are still very traditional. So traditional in fact, that my mom took me to the fabric store last week so I could pick out the material for the mandatory long skirts I have to bring! I went with the woman who makes skirts and she made me three that cost me 50 pesos each, like 5 dollars. They turned out pretty cool, I love that people can do that sort of thing in Mexico. In Canada, it would be way too expensive to send something to get made! But what am I doing telling YOU about the culture in Canada? I am getting extremely tired now, I notice when I start writing bad and forget what I want to say, which is happening a lot right now. and I always have to stop and reread what I just wrote. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I was headed out...even though EVERYONE here told me I was crazy to leave Mazatlan this week. Everyone says that Holy Week is the best week of the year in Mazatlan because everyone comes from all over the world, party every night and go to the beach everyday! And I talk seriously about the beach thing! Do you realize how much time before semana santa everyone starts going to the gym!? It was PACKED the month before! But life is life and I am really looking forward to go on the missions, even if my friends told me that not being in MZT for Holy Week would be like never coming to Mazatlan at all! But here I go anyways, in about four hours.....shoot. See what I am telling you about this sleeping thing....its all too true! See you later...I have French homework to do! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment